Sunday, June 6, 2010

san diego road trip



One weekend in San Diego we decided to do the road-trip that we had done nearly 3 years ago. Although this time we took a slightly different route and didn't almost run out of gas!

Here we all are with snacks and drinks:




Over the pass there are mounds and mounds of boulders and rocks:


The badlands. This is a very remote stretch of highway and so I did not want to get out of the car because I was worried about what would happen if someone got a snakebite or something. Chad decided to get out anyways and I kinda freaked out which made the kids freak out and then I felt like a bad mom :( I shouldn't have made the kids scared. At least it was a pretty sight.
remote highway as you can see:
see the moon?

Once we got out of the dessert we went thru valleys and hills:

We ate at town called Julian which is home to some famous apple pie. The food was good but apparently we got the pie from the wrong place because the crust was still doughy!

As we get closer to the coast there are many orchards of oranges:
All in all a fun day, the kids did very good for being in the car nearly 6 hours!

1 comment:

5 ibarras said...

that cracked me up about the kids freaking out b/c you freaked out...i could totally picture it cause it's happened once or twice to me :) i'm glad i'm not the only one! but the whole trip sounds like fun! we'll have to try it next time we go!