Just a few of the fun things we've done together without the kiddos this year!
In Jan, we stayed at the W hotel and went to see a show at the Neptune theater. The Neptune theater is special to us because we used to see movies there when we lived in Wallingford. It was nice to see it renovated, and the show The Stephen Tobolowsky Files, was thoroughly entertaining. After the show we got some late night snacks at Lola. Ever since we discovered the Tom Douglas restaurants last summer we can't seem to stay away from them!
Feb. was lost to the unending night shifts at the shipyard :(
In March, Chad was in Everett but thanks to my in-laws I got to meet him in Seattle for dinner and a concert. We saw Flogging Molly at the Paramount theater. I was a little skeptical as Irish punk isn't normally my thing but I had a great time. It was fun to be on the floor, at first I was scared of a mosh pit but thankfully it wasn't that crazy and it was nice to be able to dance during the concert (and when I say dance I mean bounce up and down - apparently the preferred way to dance to punk music).
The sound is pretty terrible on my video but you can get an idea of our vantage point.
On another of our dates in Everett, we ended up eating at this Japanese restaurant that is in a strip mall right next to the hotel. It was the best Japanese food we've had this side of the Pacific! Garlic edamame, ahi tuna, vegetable tempera....mmm, it was so good. I told Chad he'd have to go back for the octopus some time when I wasn't there though!






2 comments:
best date nights, ever.
Sounds like fun. I want to try out those restaurants.
Post a Comment