Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Thanksgiving

Our Thanksgiving was pretty low-key this year. Chad was working in Everett all week, so we didn't want to come back home just for the day and have Chad need to come back to Everett to work on Friday. So we hung out at the hotel all day and then went out to eat at the Crossroads Bar&Grill which we found open in Bellevue. In the morning, I went to the local QFC and got some Top Pot doughnuts and also a few fun things for us to have for lunch while watching football, or scrapbooking, or shopping on the ipad, or whatever it is we were doing. Then we all went swimming together (even me) and afterwards gave the kids naps. At that time we headed out to the restaurant, it was only 6 by the time we got there but they were closing at 7 and I think we were one of the last customers. The kids got the turkey dinner and the parents got prime rib. They tried to send us away without dessert but I protested (it was included in the price of dinner) and we were instead sent away with 5 boxes of dessert to go! On the way back to the hotel we rented Brave and then watched it as a family all together on the king bed. I think it was actually one of the nicest thanksgivings I've ever had!

Tristan gets fearless and starts jumping across the hot tub even when Chad doesn't have his arms out to catch him.  We let him sink just for a second to remind him that he CANNOT swim!




Mr. Grumpy-Pants

That's more like it!








Tristan tries to butter his own roll - he eventually just smooshes it on with his fingers.

...and then licks the knife.


4 comments:

Chad said...

A good time was had by all. It was a very relaxing thanksgiving.

Grandma Debbie said...

Nice pictures of everyone, wish I could have been there.

Carrie said...

It was the best because you weren't stuck doing all the work all day long, lol.

Laura said...

Looks like it was super fun and relaxing. Great pictures! Love the grumpy pic of Jamie.