For my birthday this year Chad and I spent the night at the Clearwater Casino after dancing to some great live music from New Jack City. The next day Chad helped me to make pizza for dinner and mom and dad brought over an angel food cake for dessert.
While Jamie was visiting Carrie, Jason, Sydney and Makenzie in Texas the rest of the family took a mini boat trip to Poulsbo. The only problem was that Tristan came down with croup and mom and dad had to come and pick him and I up so that we could go to the ER (everywhere else was closed). They quickly got us in and after a chest x-ray to rule out pneumonia, they gave him a dose of steroids and sent us home. I took him home that night with a new humidifier and the next morning he was doing much better. After picking up his prescription, we headed back out to Poulsbo to see Abby and Chad. After lunch I left with the kids while dad helped Chad bring our boat home!
 |
| It was a beautiful day so we took a walk down the boardwalk. |
In the middle of September Chad had to take a business trip to Japan. Here are some pictures from his walk to the plum grove.
 |
| Tristan and I took the ferry and lightrail to meet Chad at the airport. |
One Friday evening Jamie and I built a vinegar and baking soda rocket with a kit he had gotten last Christmas. On Saturday morning, we took it to the school field to try and get it to take off. Kristy, Pat, Lulu and Ruby were with us to watch too!
 |
| On the first try I got baking soda and vinegar all over me. On the second try I held the rocket sideways but the pressure still blew the stopper right out! |
 |
| Finally Chad got the thing to go up a few feet (a far cry from the 100 ft that the box proclaimed) |
 |
| Kristy and the other kids stood back. |
__________________________________________________________________________
 |
| Dad and the kids during a Monday night football game. |
Pat helped Chad take the boys (Jamie, Tristan, Otto, and Isaac) on a guys trip to Blake Island. Sounds like it was an, er, interesting time.
 |
| the ferry at night |
____________________________________________________________________________
 |
| Jamie was in a class play (he's far right) as the narrator (in Spanish) |
Tristan was thrilled to take his big brother to the airport. He was not so thrilled when he couldn't get on the plane with him. Jamie had a great time and did great on the plane by himself. Read more about his trip here:
http://www.sydkad.com/blog/jamie-visits
2 comments:
great post. Nice photos
I agree with Chad.
Post a Comment