Monday, March 10, 2014

Tristan's birthday

For Tristan's birthday he chose a Lightning McQueen birthday.  We had lots of red and black streamers and various cars decorations.  We did his party on a Sunday afternoon and had everyone over for lunch and dessert.
Tristan helps setup. 
Olive was THRILLED about her party hat.

I am THRILLED to get my picture taken.

Turkey, havarti and pepper jelly sandwiches!

The birthday boy

We played pin the 95 on McQueen


I tried to fake out Otto by moving the poster up farther but Jamie told  him while he was blind-folded!

Then we had a car pinata in the basement.

On to the cake (I tried for red frosting but after using up all my red food coloring and then another 1/2 bottle of the one I sent Charlie to the store for, I gave up - Tristan didn't notice they were kinda pink)


Presents.

Charlie is THRILLED.

The theme this year was airplanes - lots of the them (at least 4)

The next morning was his actual birthday so I made pancakes and we sang him happy birthday again.

Jamie wanted to light the candle.


And finally after two days of parties, Tristan was exhausted after getting picked up at Laura's and passed out on the couch.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that pic of Charlie downing some vitamin R is priceless!

Carrie said...

So who was the homeless man in the rocking chair. The sandwiches looked amazing, where on earth did you get that recipe??

Chad said...

best sandwiches ever.