Saturday, May 3, 2008

no pictures today...

For those that don't know, we bought a Pentax digital SLR camera back in December around Christmas time. Yesterday, I walked to Target and back with the camera in the basket of the stroller. It was there when I left, and it was not when I returned. I don't know what happened. I retraced my steps, I called mall security and I talked with Target security and lost&found. I posted a lost and reward ad on craigslist and I have been checking ebay, but I don't hold out much hope now. I can't imagine how a camera that big could fall out of my stroller without me noticing. I am thinking that either someone lifted it out when I wasn't paying attention or if it did slip out that someone quickly picked it up and took off with it rather than turning it in or giving it back. Either way, it is gone. I may be able to get reimbursed for the lens as that was bought just 2 months ago and might be covered under my credit card's purchase protection plan which is usually only good for 90 days, but I need to save for a new camera body, and lens strap, and 3 SD cards. Not to mention the fact that I will never get the pictures back that were currently on the camera. I am bummed...

5 comments:

Patso8 said...

Sorry Anna.

Anonymous said...

That is supremely sucky for sure! I live vicariously through your pics of the sunny Cali beaches... I too am bummed. But don't let it get cha down - you're in CALI - hope all the rest is mucho fun times :)

Kristy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I'm bummed you lost your camera too! I miss the pics....

Jenne said...

oh, so sad. I'm sorry Anna!! I miss your pics