Monday, August 18, 2008

Ocean Crest

Back in June, we ventured out to Ocean Crest, a hotel a bit up the coast from Ocean Shores, in a "town" called Moclips. We went with my sister and her family and stayed in a room that slept 8 and had a full kitchen. The kids loved playing in the pool and the hottub (all indoors), but there are no pictures because my camera always fogged up with the humidity. But we did go down to the beach too, and although it was too cold to play in the water, it was a beautiful and I got some good pictures. The Carrie&Jason left on Sunday, but we stayed one more day and went to see the sunset Sunday night down at the beach (which is where my "cool edited pic" was from). Here are the pictures from our trip:

this is the stairway that we take down to the beach:
it was a bit windy....
so we flew our kite (don't ask me what Chad is muttering to the kite):
the engineers are trying to figure something out...they determined that the string was not tied off...I determined that it was (now who is the real engineer?!)
our $9.99 costco kite, it was fun for about 5 min then looking at got pretty boring...
Sydney tries to show Abby the kite but Abby only thinks it's about her unkempt hair...
(also notice the difference in the size of feet in the photo above - they are only 9 months apart!)
Jamie tries out the kite:
No more fluffy hair please...
Carrie takes Abby for a walk out to the water (which was aways!):
My favorite pics of Jamie:

failed family portrait:
the best of the lot:
Pics from our view of the sunset:


Here's a pic of the little duplex we stayed in. My family used to stay here when I was a teenager so I was a little scared of the quality of the room, but it really wasn't bad! And for only $150 a night it was actually a really good deal considering how many people it slept....we may be looking for someone to share it with us again :)
More of that unkempt hair...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! thats a trip down memory lane,I think that I have one of those fluffy hair pictures on the beach at ocean crest.

Carrie said...

This post was way too funny. I so love the Syd sowing her the kite and her only worried about her hair. And the sunset pics are cool. Why didn't we go when I was there? I will make sure to show Jason your cracks at him! Also the family pic shows the true beauty of my daughter, I mean monster!