Sunday, August 16, 2009

"God must be all out of boys"

That is what Jamie said to me when I told him he might be getting a baby sister and not a brother. Of course, we don't know yet either way, but I thought it was so cute when he said that! Last night, he asked me where God kept all the babies.

Here were our first ultrasound pictures (taken at the beginning of July). The ultrasound was done to confirm the expected due date so that when the C-section was scheduled, there was no chance it could be too early.


Letter to Otto
After reading Frog and Toad's "The Letter" (where Frog writes a letter to Toad that basically says "Dear Toad, you are my best friend. Love, Frog."), Jamie decided that he wanted to write a letter to his best friend Otto. So I wrote what he told me on a piece of paper and I'm pretty sure all the letters are on here, in one place or another. If you look closely, you can also see a picture of a gorilla that he drew near the top.
It says "OTTO, I HOPE YOU ARE MY VERY BEST FRIEND. DEAR, JAMIE."

a silly story
Here's another conversation I had with Jamie recently:
Jamie -"Mom, when I'm old enough to drive, I'm going to have a carseat in my car so that I can drive Otto places, and we can go to the movies".

me-"Otto is the same age is you, he'll be grown up too and can sit in the front with you."

Jamie-"Well, then I'll have a carseat for Abby because she doesn't grow very fast."

2 comments:

Carrie said...

In Jamie's defense Abby's feet really don't grow very fast.....in fact have they grown at all since birth?

Laura said...

Jamie is such a little thinker :)