Monday, October 26, 2009

Sept recap #3 - Cama beach

On the last weekend of the summer, we went "camping" (and by camping I mean staying in a lightly furnished cabin) out at Cama Beach State Park on Camano Island. The cabins had kitchenettes, a table, bunk beds and a double bed (mattresses provided but you had to bring your own bedding). The only bummer was having to walk to the bathroom in the middle of the night, not because it was scary but because it was so friggin' cold in my pj's! The best part of park is that there are NO cars allowed down by the cabins so the kids could play outside and ride bikes worry-free. And when it down-poured on Friday night, nobody woke up to a leaking tent on Saturday morning! I think we may have found our new favorite spot for family reunions (although I do miss Kalaloch - if only it was more predictable!).

We got lots of great pictures from our trip:

the inside of our cabin:

Jamie and Stephen were inseparable on their bikes:



Lots of great hikes and walks to be had:


A field to play sports:

Model-boat building on saturday mornings (the kids loved this!):





The rows of cabins (we had a back-row one, which is cheaper than the waterfront ones):


The beach, which is made up of rocks and small shells:

Beautiful views:

Abby and Hannah have fun with art supplies out on the picnic table:

3 comments:

Chad said...

nice pics, dear. It was fun, just a long ways away... esp on a fri after work...

Grandpa boat said...

Nice memories, looking forward to next year. Hope to be able to take the beaver dam hike next year. I especially love the Abby pictures.

Carrie said...

I hope I can go some year. It looks like alot of fun.