Wednesday, September 29, 2010

anniversary trip

Bell Harbor. My favorite, close-to-home getaway. This year we took the 22 catalina sailboat, which we are now sharing with 2 other partners. We invested in some foam and material and my mom so graciously has been sewing us covers for the cushions. Since I told Chad that I would go on a trip with him once he got cushions, I kinda had to. Actually it was really fun. There is no galley on board so I don't have to feel bad about eating every meal out. And the boat is small so it's easy to get on and off of. Chad can sail by himself and I can read while only occasionally pulling on a line. These are good things. I actually like the boat.

Sailing on the other hand is another story. It's fine and all but I really only see it as a means to get somewhere. Somewhere fun. Somewhere to shop. Somewhere to eat. Somewhere. Not circles around in the bay. And that's my story.

We spent a lot of time in Starbucks on our iPods (okay, we're dorks):

We made our own cheese festival (since the one at Benaroya Hall was $80/person):

The city:
12 years!
I love this shot, good job Chad!
and this one's cool too:
sailing, sailing, sailing...not in circles this time:





kids will like this one but you may want to fast forward to the 30-sec mark as it starts off a bit slow:

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Ok good shot too Chad. So how was the malbec? Glad to see you like it. Think we can get a Malbec package on the cruise, lol?

Chad said...

Not in circles at all that day as we sailed from 100 yds of bell harbor all the way to 20 ft inside of the Brownsville break water... Good times and a great trip. Thanks dear for going.