Thursday, March 8, 2012

Feb '12 recap

There's really not a whole lot of pictures for February, mainly because Chad worked SO much. At the very end of January he started on a special project working 12 hours a night 6pm-6am, 7 days a week. When he wasn't at work he was normally sleeping and we usually only saw him 1-2 hours a day. This whole thing was only supposed to be about 10 days but it dragged on for 22 days. So Feb. slipped by and at least I didn't lose my mind with basically being a single mother and being alone at night in a county with several tragedies over the course of a few weeks. And so on we go with life...
Chad took another sailboat race while I went to a women's retreat with my Seaside friends.
 Valentine's Day
I made toast with "heart" jam.




Abby and I made pinkalicious cupcakes.

Point Defiance Zoo
We headed out to the zoo for the afternoon after half-day school on Wednesday.  We were so excited for Chad to be done working nights and to get some family time together. We only had about 2 hours but with our membership it didn't matter and we basically had the whole zoo to ourselves.
Tristan loved looking at all the animals.



He really loved the aquarium, saying "ishy, ishy" over and over.


The slides were a big hit.

But Jamie doesn't really like them since he always gets shocked multiple times.

Tristan could've gone down 50 times if we had let him.


Chad is smiling but really thinking "ouch"




We did the whole zoo without a stroller too!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Love Tristan going down the slide... I remember Mak loved the fish there too!

Chad said...

The zoo was a blast esp as I had not really seen the family. The race was a bit slow, it you could not tell by the glass.