![]() |
| This is the last picture I took - can you see how it's looking smoother? |
All about the happenings at our {big} little house here on the westside.
Monday, June 23, 2014
Boat haulout
Chad spent the week in Port Townsend with out boat out of the water doing maintenance and painting the bottom. I spent most of the weekend up there too helping out with sanding the paint down to a smooth finish. Why? Because we bought Interlux Baltoplate Antifouling Racing Bottom Paint for "the serious racer" (as it says on the can). I sanded the keel with 220 grit sandpaper, then 400, then 600, then 1000 and finally with fine Bronze wool until I could see a reflection in the paint. We had Marcus, Dan and Nathan helping us out too and even Jamie spent a bit sanding too! Here's some pictures from the weekend:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
Looks like good bonding time. Dad was joking you could see your reflection in it. Better make you go faster!
it was not a joke, you could in areas.
Post a Comment