Thursday, February 22, 2007

hawaii - waikiki and diamond head

On our first day in Hawaii we took a walk down Waikiki beach and went out to breakfast at the Outrigger hotel. We then decided to climb up to the top of diamondhead crater before it got too late in the day. It was a little harder than I expected because it said it was only 1.4 miles roundtrip but it was a lot of elevation gain. I guess I didn't realize how little I've exercised since I had Abby! But the views were spectacular. We forgot Abby's hat so we had to keep her head under a blanket (not completely) and she got really hot and cranky!


Abby and dadda out at Waikiki Beach.


Walkin' along the beach to the restaurant recommended in our guidebook. Diamond Head Crater in the background.


View of Waikiki from the top of Diamond Head.


I found a concrete slab that was in the shade to feed Abby.


One hot baby who really liked it when I poured water on her head.


View of honolulu, notice cranky baby.


The very STEEP and long stairs we had to climb to get to the top!

No comments: