Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Feb. happenings

I helped the kids make some Valentine's cards for Chad and some cards for Connie while she was in the hospital. I tested out my self-timer in an attempt to get me in the photographs too but I wasn't too happy with the flash at longer distances...I think I need a better flash!


Abby learned how to use the glue very quickly, see how she is only putting a dot on? I am so proud of her...she'll make a great scrapbooker!
Jamie, on the other hand, likes to paint with his glue. Maybe he was remembering the time we covered it with glitter...but I am still finding glitter, so we didn't go into that this time!

Chad pruned the trees and the kids went to play outside and to help pick up the sticks. I simply loved our streak of rain-free weather that we had!

Here Abby is showing off her birthday outfit (I know that was 4 months ago), but I just wanted to give a big thanks to Jennifer for supplying the Old Navy gift card.
She got a thermal, some cool embroidered jeans...
and it even helped to buy part of her new jacket!

I got some sweet flowers from Chad for Valentine's Day. He also got me a chocolate bar from Extraordinary Desserts in San Diego, but there is nothing left of that to photograph!

Jamie just got back from a trip to Houston with mom to visit cousin Sydney and Aunt Carrie & Uncle Jason. Hope to see a post about that soon on her end {wink,wink}. Here he is about to leave on the trip:

Update on New year's goals: Well, except for being sick, I have been getting up with the kids each morning, which is between 7:30 and 8:00. I figured out that my mind is not working too well at that hour, so I have moved my reading time to the afternoon, while the kids are napping, which has worked out quite nicely. I still do not have a schedule, it is on my long list of to-do's (it's kinda like putting a to-do list on a to-do list!). Well, maybe after I do the taxes!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

We all need a new flash. Jamie looks so excited to go on his trip! I will post pics soon but I really only took some the day at the zoo, sorry!

Anonymous said...

I totally love Abby's outfit! She's a California girl who also needs her warm clothes - nice work mom :)

5 ibarras said...

I have to say, my favorite part of Abby's outfit is the hat (wink, wink)
Sounds like Jamie had fun at Carrie's, I bet your mom had fun too :)

tanna said...

Anna, you are such a great poster. I love what you say about the kids, your days, and your activities. You are such a great mom! I am really proud of you... I love you cousin. :)

Anonymous said...

Anna your pictures are great! Thanks for sharing them with us.