Sunday, March 22, 2009

schedule

You may notice my new blog style (again) which I found on a site that offers free blogger templates. And for those of you who seem to think that I went to school to be a web-designer, you are wrong. I know hardly anything about designing web pages. While it is true that many computer programmers probably do, it is not necessary, and the stuff I do is mostly "behind the scenes". So now you know.

My word for the year is supposed to be scheduled remember? I've come up with a few things lately:

Sunday: laundry, blog
I've been having such a hard time keeping up with the laundry and it sits most of the week half done in our bedroom, so I've figured out that it is just easier to do it all in one day, pile it on the couch, put it away and not worry about it for another week! I've also noticed that my blogging has been a bit inconsistent lately (sorry!).

Monday: launder bedding, budget
This will give me a chance to finish any laundry I didn't get done the day before and to do all the bedding. I also hate going too long between entering expenses into our spreadsheet so I'd like to our budget while Jamie's at preschool.

Tuesday: home group
Lately we've been going to Myra and Chris's. The kids all love to play together and the adults get a chance to talk.

Wednesday: family movie night
We started this last week and Jamie was thrilled! We made popcorn and all sat down to a good movie. The next night Jamie asked if we could do it again, so it is now going to be a weekly thing.

I've also tried to schedule a play time at least once a week with one of the kids friends or cousins. We try to have somebody over for dinner once a week too.

Once a month, we try to take turns having one-on-one time with the kids to take them to do something special. Last month I took Jamie to a soccer class at The Zone Sportsplex and out to get some new clothes (much needed things like socks and underwear!). Chad took Abby to Starbucks for hot cocoa and the fountains and then to Fritz for lunch.

Here's the pictures I got of Jamie playing soccer. He doesn't have a uniform like the other kids because he was just taking his "free trial" class.






4 comments:

Carrie said...

Why is he laying on the field? He didn't break his arm did he?

Anna said...

He was "resting".

The White House said...

ooooh i need to go do a free trial at the zone. great idea. just read the comment about jamie telling mickey mouse he's stupid. HULLARIOUS!

tanna said...

like the schedule cousin... always a time of revamping and reevaluating! Good luck with the endeavors :)