Saturday, November 6, 2010

Abby's turns 4!

I can't believe my little princess is 4 years old! She got so much attention this year for her birthday. The weekend before, we went to Silver City and used her certificate for a free birthday sundae (to which she made us sing happy birthday). Then the day before her birthday she got a package in the mail with a cool real cupcake maker! So next day, on her birthday, we made some mini cupcakes in the morning and then took them to her painting party down the street at the painting studio (which reminds me that I need to go pick the stuff up!). She had 7 friends (if you include her brother) and they all had a great time (and we didn't break anything - yay!). That day she got another package in the mail - this time a Melissa&Doug cupcake set and a kids cookbook with yummy treats, including some cupcakes (do you see a pattern?). We then took a break from her birthday festivities to celebrate Halloween, then on Monday we had a family birthday dinner for her with grandmas and aunts&uncles and second cousins, or something like that. Earlier that day she also had her birthday celebration at preschool. So with all that celebrating she started to ask me "mom, am I still 4?" I said "yes, how old do you want to be?" and she said "5 now". Well, if she was really counting each party, I'd say it would be more like 7!

Making the mini-cupcakes


The painting party








Birthday dinner


We gave Tristan a mini-cupcake...at first he just kinda looked at it until he figured out it was sweet...then he devoured it...




4 comments:

grandma debbie said...

Wow! so much fun, a birthday to remember.

Carrie said...

Sydney likes your cupcake maker!

Chad said...

and they are called "babycakes", not mini cupcakes. Thank you, Jen for getting that for her. She loves it...

Jen said...

I was hoping "like mother, like daughter" with that one :) So glad she's used it already!!!