Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Yokohama part 1

This last weekend we to Yokohama for a day. Now I'm asking myself "self, why have we not been here before now?" I think I could spend the rest of my weekends in Yokohama! There's actually things to do other than see shrines and temples (not that shrines and temples aren't cool, but I'm kinda getting sick of them)! But Yokohama is the second largest city in Japan, and it is relativity young, compared to other cities in Japan, which gives it a very modern feeling.

To start out with, we went to the Maritime museum where we got to explore this ship:





I laid on the teak deck to get this shot. The building to the left is the tallest building in Japan.



Once we got off the ship we visited the indoor part of the museum. When we came out, Abby wanted to sled on the snow that a local ski resort had made:


1 comment:

JRL said...

Yeah go Abby! I want to sled on the snow, too :(((