Looked at the fish.
Took a snorkeling tour (drinks included).
Instead it's two months of rain, cloudy skies, and cold days.
I miss the black sand beach.
The seven sacred pools.
I miss being alone with my husband.
Being able to drive all day without "are we there yet?"
I miss the sunsets...
But not the sunrise (10,000 ft is colder than you think).

Can we go yet?
Not that the crater wasn't cool - it was too cool :)
The pool was better:
The views amazing:
The lava beds surreal:
Not that I didn't miss my kids. Not that we didn't constantly say "Jamie would love this" or "the kids would have so much fun here". We will probably go back, probably with the kids.
But we'll venture somewhere else, somewhere by ourselves. Where I can play handheld video games or read or sleep all day. Eat dinner at 9pm, or just have chips and salsa with margaritas instead. Lay on the beach with no fear of sand getting thrown in my face. Sweet memories.
1 comment:
i admire you guys for always taking your "alone" vacations in addition to your "family" vacations. they are so important! and you have been to some awesome places! start planning the next one, then you get to look forward instead of back :)
Post a Comment