Wednesday, May 9, 2007

strange happenings

Okay, so about a week and a half ago when Abby and Jamie were still in the same room, Chad and I were out sitting on the couch watching t.v. when we heard a loud crash. I thought that maybe something had happened in the kids room so I ran in there, but Chad quickly figured out that it had been a car outside that hit the Rio Vista sign right our apartment complex. It must've hit it hard because it totally crunched part of the concrete and made the metal Rio Vista part fall down. I also saw skid marks on the palm tree just down from the sign as well. But we saw no sign of the car shortly after it happened, so it was a sign hit and run! We wondered how long the city would take to fix it, but today they had crews outside and completely took the entire concrete structure out. Who knows if they'll put a new one in, something else, or just leave it.

I took pictures from our balcony the next morning.

Whoever it was must've taken the corner way too fast! It's not uncommon to here random screechings of brakes.

3 comments:

Jenne said...

Too funny... glad it wasn't something crashing in the kids room... I'm sure that would have been no fun.

So I just had to drop a note to let you know that totally out of the blue, during good-night prayer time the night before last, Eve thanked God for Jamie and baby Abby (twice!) it was really cute.

We're enjoying the videos and pics. Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

What I wanna know is if the car drove up the palm tree, over it or just magically got skid marks on it somehow? So how does that work? =)

Anna said...

I think they ran into the tree, backed up, and left.