This is what they think Stonehenge used to look like when it was complete. The largest two stones that are connected by one top, those sit right behind the alter stone, which is a bit smaller and right in front of that. On the summer solstice, the sunlight rises over another stone in the distance, goes thru two of the outer stones, and hits the alter stone.
Me listening to the audio guide.
Some of the stones have fallen over, others were stolen or used for building purposes.
The most intriguiging part is how these stones got here. They think that some of them came all the way from Whales! And this was before the wheel was invented! The largest stones are about 20 ft tall! The largest one you see to the right is one of the ones that was behind the alter stone (which is now fallen over).
Cheers!
1 comment:
Too cool. I can't believe you let the camera run outta batteries. I ran out too at Whistler, he he. Stones are cool. Did you just write cheers, am I suppose to go drink something, OK?
Post a Comment