Update on Jamie:
Jamie is almost completely potty-trained. Of course I've been saying that for awhile but we're just getting closer. With a bare butt he is potty-trained, but the problem is you can't go anywhere with a bare butt! (And really, you can't be around a 1-year old with a winkee stickin' out, it's just too much for her to not try and grab it!) So more and more we've been working on wearing at least underwear or boxers and not having any accidents. It used to be that he was great with #1 but not #2 and now it is pretty much the other way around. Too often I'm telling him to strip and find something new to wear, hoping that if he does the work, it will be more incentive to go in the potty. He did go to church this last Sunday without any accidents and he even told Beth when he had to go potty! I usually have to remind him, so maybe he does better with others.
For awhile, his favorite word was "what?", even when he heard you loud and clear. Now it is why? Even when we've already answered "why?", it's still why, and then why again. I don't want to be a parent that just says "because I said so" but enough is enough, I can't explain all day long about why hurting your sister is not a good idea! My mom says that I was famous for this so I guess this is payback. The other day Chad started questioning Jamie in the same way (why?why?why?) and he answered for quite some time until finally he was like "don't say why!". Although I don't think the point got across to him, he still does it.
12/14 at bedtime...
[Jamie] "where my soft bwankie?"
[me] "it's dirty, I had to wash it"
[Jamie] "in dish-watcher?"
12/16 trying to cut Jamie's hair...
[me] "put your hands down or I'll cut your fingers"
[Jamie] "cut Abby's hair"
[me] "I already cut Abby's hair, it's your turn"
[pause]
[Jamie] "cut my tingers" (as he holds his fingers out for me)
Apparently he is so afraid of getting his hair cut that me cutting his fingers seemed like a better alternative. There was no reasoning with him, I offered to use scissors or clippers, but in the end we had to hold him down to cut his hair, and then the clippers broke half-way through and I had to finish with the scissors, but with screaming and a flailing boy, one side got totally chopped up, so don't laugh the next time you see him!
Jan 5th:
It was the absence of what Jamie said today that prompted me to remember this. He was at my mom's when I turned on the stereo to my favorite station. Normally, I would have heard this:
"Only wuv bus mu-ic!"
For awhile, all I was allowed to listen to was "wheels on the bus" and other toddler songs.
Jan 8th:
"wadies(ladies) have boops (boobs), wittle boys only have tummies"
Jan 9th:
[Jamie] "I'm want some'tin eat"
[me]"What would you like to eat?"
[Jamie]"some'tin in fridge - wots of food in there"
No comments:
Post a Comment