Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Ferry, cable car, and hike

Our morning started out early. We caught the train at about 8:30am. As you can see, Jamie did not want to go. (He changed his mind later)
Tristan lived in the ergo most of the day but usually on Chad's back. In the background of this picture you can see the old guys on the train...drinking beer.
After the train we had to walk to the ferry terminal:
The fishing boats near the ferry terminal.
On the ferry:



Mt. Fuji is starting to poke out from amongst the trees.
I believe this is the same type of ferry we were on.
Can someone tell me why there was a crib underneath the stairs next to the bathrooms?
After the ferry ride we got some food at the market and then walked through a residential area to the cable car and this is where I saw this orange tree.
Riding the cable car:


View from the cable car.


View at the top:


Now on to the hike, the first stop was this giant carving out of the stone wall:
Next stop, observation point:
We ate lunch near the observation point and then it was time to descend the stairs to the giant stone buddha statue. The stairs kept going,
and going...

Can you hear the whine?
...she actually got a ride most of the time from Chad. And now the statue!

Something like a wishing well. You throw in coins and then ring the bell.
Me compared to the statue.
Piles and piles of mini buddhas which are placed for good luck, or a prosperous new year or something of the like.
He really is having fun, I promise.
Some of the things we saw on our walk back UP.



The 3-headed monster.


We were so exhausted that we threw the kids in bed at about 7 and crashed at 8:30 ourselves!

8 comments:

grandma debbie said...

Nice pictures, beautiful places, Whats with the crib? Was that on the ferry?

Carrie said...

Maybe the crib was to change diapers. Did you see a changing table anywhere? The statue was HUGE! and all the mini buddhas.....hah, religion cracks me up!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Stunning photos Anna...it is wonderful to discover another country. My thought, like Carrie's was that the crib was for chaning diapers.

Uncle Jon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Uncle Jon said...

Wow, wish I could be there. I enjoyed Jamie's pouty face in the beginning. Also, I'll try not to burn your house down ;)

5 ibarras said...

it's all so cool!! i can't believe you're in JAPAN!! what a great experience, i hope we get to go and you can share all the tips and tricks with me!

Kristy said...

My first though, the crib was for diaper changing? Also, was there a kid hitting Chad up for money while you were taping? I can hear a child's voice saying, we need money... 100 yen.... etc.
I love days like this, when the fun is exhausting and you get to go to bed early! Looks like your having an easy time getting around :)

Chad said...

That day was so much fun. I forgot how much Tristan did not like riding in the ergo. He would push his head as far as possible.