Residential street:
First stop was Harrod's again, with their egyptian escalators (I don't know what makes them egyptian).
Inside Harrod's:
Here's my reason for coming back - I bought the blue purse as my own souvenir to take home:
Picture of Harrod's in the background (the big building all the way in the back), and a London taxi in the foreground (which you see everywhere).
The Hoxton Hotel:
After we checked-in, we went to the British Musuem:
Second to Egypt, Britain has the most egyptian artifacts in the world, most of them here:

Real live (or dead) mummies:
Unwrapped mummy:
Bodies of the poor were often dumped in the desert sand which actually preserved them quite well:
Later, they started putting bodies in wooden caskets, which didn't preserve so well:
Chinese heritage:



Afterwards we ate at a pub (again) then headed back to the hotel as we had to get up early the next day for our tour to Stonehenge.
1 comment:
The new hotel looks cool but I can't believe you took pics of dead people, gross!
Post a Comment