Friday, January 23, 2009

Christmas Eve

Well, Christmas Eve went by way too fast and before I knew it, it was time to go to Chad's parents' house and I was hardly ready for Christmas morning! But that's just the way it goes and we all had a good time. We had a traditional Christmas dinner (well, traditional for Chad's family) which was smoked turkey (tastes like ham), layered salad, potato salad, overnight potatoes, homemade bread, brussell sprouts and raspberry pretzel salad(which I made!). And there was no hard alcohol {wink}! After dinner all the cousins (well, except Aiden who can't walk yet) helped be Santa and passed out the presents. And then, of course, in no time, ripped them all open! (Except for Abby who was so impressed with her sticker book that she played with that for another hour before I could get her to finish opening the rest of her gifts!)







And then we went home, put the kids to bed, and I spent the rest of the evening (and part of the early morning) getting everything just right for Christmas morning! Here is the picture I took of the living room all setup with the gifts:


Actually, it looked like this but I fixed our crooked star in photoshop!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your blog, brings back memories of Christmas eve past.

Carrie said...

Abby sounds like Syd last year with the opening presents wanted to play and make them perfect before she could move onto the next