Monday, January 17, 2011

Atlantic City







One evening this last week I took Jamie and Abby to an arcade in the Daiei mall. I couldn't figure out why it was called Atlantic city at first. On one side it is mostly just regular arcade games. But on the other side there were these games that seems almost like slot machines for children! The whole point of the game was to win tokens. The more risk you took in the game, the more tokens you could potentially win but it was also more likely that you would win none. I'm pretty sure that the only thing keeping it legal was that you couldn't turn your tokens in for money. You pretty much had to play until your tokens were all gone. Each token was only 10 yen (about a dime) so they each got to spend a few hundred yen. Jamie is already asking when we can go back :)



This fishing game was their favorite. Each fish is marked with how many coins you'll get if you catch it. The bigger fish usually just fall off the hook though.


Jamie also liked this shooting game. For each token you got one shot. If you made the shot then the wheel would spin above showing how many tokens you would win. Usually it was zero!

2 comments:

Uncle Jon said...

Wow, that looks awesome! I need to go to Japan!

Carrie said...

Super cool! Glad you guys are having fun. It is making me want to do something like that!