All about the happenings at our {big} little house here on the westside.
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
Hotel Mercure
For our second night in Japan, we were still without a working key to our apartment, so a hotel was arranged for us nearby right across the street from the Daiei. We of course didn't want to bring all our luggage so I rearranged the suitcases and fit enough for one night in our smallest suitcase. We took that, our backpacks, and our pack-n-play onto the train. Trouble was, by this time our extremely jet-lagged children were thinking it was already well after their normal bedtime and getting them to walk anywhere was a challenge. So Chad took the two oldest kids and the luggage and took a cab the 1/4 mile from the train station to the hotel. I had the stroller and just met them their with Tristan. It was a nice hotel, but still, 5 people sleeping in one room is no fun.
Tristan, however, was enamored by the windows that went nearly all the way to the floor. He would crawl inside and repeatedly bump his head against the glass (it was very thick glass) to look outside. If you can see past the glare you can see our view, we were 16 floors up:
3 comments:
Wow, Japan. Enjoy every moment...I will be checking in often to share your wonderful journey.
xx
Cool. So what time was it really and how long did they sleep?
they slept till about 5:30 or so that morning. I got up and went to work as I could...
Post a Comment