Friday, February 11, 2011

Sized and sharpened for the web





Did you notice a difference between the three photos? The first one is not sharpened at all, it is exported directly from my raw file. The second is sized and sharpened specifically for the web. The third is sharpened specifically for printing and then exported at a smaller size for blogger. Only problem is I don't know if it's really that worth it to spend the extra time on each picture, to have three different versions for different things when they really don't look that much different! What do you think?

3 comments:

aklenox04 said...

Austin says:"Man sharpen definitely I can barely even make out that there is a second picture there! I mean if they looked exactly the same that would be one thing but is the second one with the lens cap on!?"

Carrie said...

Don't notice that much of a difference unless you are doing major edits like white balance otherwise just a quick turn to jpeg would probably be fine.

Uncle Jon said...

All I can tell is the first 2 are slightly better than the last.