Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Christmas morning 2011

Christmas morning the kids didn't even wake up until about 7:30. I told them they could open stockings but they needed to wait for Tristan to open any presents. Once Tristan finally woke-up (or they woke him up I think), they had just started to open presents when mom&dad, Jon, and Charlie showed up. We had a fun morning watching the kids open their gifts and helping them to open and set things up. After present opening I made "Perfect French Toast" (from Food Network magazine), bacon, sausage and strawberries too! What a fun and relaxing morning.

Congrats to Charlie on the awesome wrapping job! (but apparently he made Crystal wrap everything else since he took so long)
It's an attack dinosaur (or at least it's always attacking me when Tristan has it!)
A big truck from Jon!

Tristan's big present from us was this Melissa and Doug shopping cart.

It's really sturdy and even has a spot for baby!
play food from grandma

This was a hand-me-down from Ian, but I stashed it away and wrapped it for Christmas, and he loves it!



 Jamie's so non-chalant about Christmas.  All he really asked for was Kirby Superstar Ultra (which was like $25 from game-stop).  So I had to put my thinking cap and figure out some things on my own, like some new clothes, a backpack, and reading light for his bed.  He also loves games and I found in excellent condition, Cadoo (kid cranium) at Goodwill for $1 and Shrek the boardgame at the consignment store for like $4.


 

I made him a cape with his monogram on it.

Jamie tries out his new race-car with Jon and grandpa.


Abby on the other hand can never decide what she wants. If we go to one store, it's whatever they have there, and if she goes to a friends house, then it's whatever toys they have.  So really, I pretty much have to figure out what it is she'll still want once Christmas comes and goes.
And she loves to open gifts, I'm pretty sure she was done before anyone else.

I made her a new dress.

Got her a bathrobe for the cold morning.

Her big present from us was this doll changing table and the doll to go with it.  Chad used scrap supplies and leftover paint to make it.

All I had to buy was the foam for the pad and some fabric for the cover.

And I also made a few cloth-diapers and some burp rags.

I also made this mouse hidden treasures pillow.

There's a pocket on the inside where I stuffed some art-supplies.

Stockings!

2 comments:

Chad said...

best christmas ever.

Carrie said...

Looks like alot of fun. Love all the things u guys made and the attack dino wrapping. Too funny!