My mother's day present this year was to go and visit my sister in Texas. Since I arrived pretty late on Thursday there wasn't much to do except eat dinner and enjoy some Blue Bell ice cream (think Tillamook, only better). The next morning after dropping the kids off at school, we headed out for a 5 mile run. Luckily for me, Texas had a cold-front move in so I didn't get overheated. Later that afternoon, Carrie took me to a restaurant that I hadn't been to before - it was a South American grill - Chimichurris, and it was SO good!! After picking the kids up from school, Jason came home a bit early so Carrie and I headed out to the L&L ranch retreat in Willis, TX where we would stay the whole weekend! It was pretty much in the middle of nowhere - a town nearby was called "Cut and Shoot". But we had the whole house to ourselves and we each had a table to scrap at so it was fun a weekend. They had also put in a hottub and pool since I had last been there (in 2011) so it was fun to head out there at night and sip on some of Carrie's fruit-infused wines that were made in Texas. Here are a few pictures of the place:
 |
| The room where my sister and I stayed (there were 4 different rooms) |
 |
| hall decorations |
 |
| delightful feather boa |
 |
| looking out to the pool and hottub |
 |
| kitchen area - they cooked (and cleaned) for us though! |
 |
| dining room |
 |
| bar area - but don't overlook that saddle with the bouquet of flowers! |
 |
| Here's the living room - the furniture has been replaced by scrapbook tables! | |
|
|
After getting back to Carrie's on Sunday, it was Cinco de Mayo so we made some Carne Asada, chips&salsa and some refried beans. Carrie let me try one of her special margaritas that was made with the Catron she bought on the cruise ship (I didn't want to drink to much since we were planning on running 10 miles the following morning). It was all really yummy!
On Monday morning after dropping off at Kenzie at school, we just started from there and ran 5 miles down the road to Kingroad, turned around and came back. Despite the fact that it was a bit warm for me, at least it was really flat! Later that day we did a bit of shopping and of course had to end the trip with dinner at my favorite southern restaurant - Chick-fil-a!
To see the pages I completed, see my She's Crafty blog here:
http://shesjustmytype.blogspot.com/2013/06/ranch-retreat-layouts.html
1 comment:
It was a fun trip and I especially enjoyed the hottub
Post a Comment