Well, after 4 months of training, I completed my first half marathon yesterday. It wasn't easy, by no means, but 2 hours 26 minutes and 52 seconds after crossing the start line, I came to that final step at the finish line. I had hoped for a better time but so many things that were out of my control - warmer weather than usual, steeper and hillier course than anticipated, no tunes from my phone for most of the course, and an upset stomach all worked together to slow me down. Fortunately, this is my first one and I am happy to have just accomplished my goal of finishing!
 |
| The line to the porta-potties was SO long! |
 |
| Lined up at the start |
 |
| And we're off! |
 |
| Chad happened to drive by me on his way to the finish line so he pulled over up ahead and took some pics! |
 |
| The kids made signs. |
 |
| In total concentration!! |
 |
| yes - finally there! |
 |
| The wonderful thing about this event is their finish line buddies - there to greet me with my medal and a bottle of gatorade. |
"IF YOU WILL IT, IT IS NO DREAM" -Walter Shobchak, The Big Lebowski
4 comments:
Tristan is so witty with his signs...I love it
Alright! Way to go Anna. And yes, Tristan is a genius with the signs.
Great job! I've always wanted to run a half marathon! Someday :)
Congrats! You look amazing and the kids were so adorable with their signs :)
Post a Comment