Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Legoland Discovery Center and the Ghilbli Museum (April 14-15)

Let's just pretend like it hasn't been 2 months since I blogged, sound good?  Alright, so, after Charlie and Arwen arrived in Japan, we did a lot of sightseeing with them.  One VERY rainy day we decided to go to Tokyo and explore in an area that I had never gone to before.  I took the kids to the Legoland Discovery center since it was all indoors.  It was pretty pricey for what it was but the kids had a good time and it wasn't very crowded.  Charles and Arwen decided to explore some nearby shopping centers and we met them later at the Panasonic building.  

There was a Lego city of Tokyo.

The Rainbow bridge (which we crossed on the train to get to the Legoland center)

The whole lego city went from daytime to nighttime every few minutes.

Tokyo tower

The shrine and pagoda that I visited on my Tokyo tour

The ever-famous Family Mart

There was a large play area that Abby and Tristan played on

Jamie went to the "build your own race-car" area (with ramps to test out your creations)

My Lego kids

Tristan and I helped build a house in the Lego Friends city

Then Abby, Tristan and I took a class on how to make cute penguin figure


Finally there was a Lego Ninja course that they got to try a few times and then it was "Exit through the giftshop"


Now it was time to find Charles and Arwen at the Panasonic Center, which was a bit farther than I had anticipated but it was a neat walk over this large pedestrian bridge

Finally, it was back on the train that went over the bridge


After getting back onto our regular train out of Tokyo, we stopped in Yokohama where we were supposed to meet Chad for the Yokohama BayStars baseball game that evening.  It was pouring down rain though and we quickly figured out that the game was surely cancelled, but then we had to find our way back to the train station.  It was one of those, soak-you-to-the-skin, feet-sloshing rain storms and I think we were steaming on the train ride back to Yokosuka.


The next day was much better weather and we headed out to Tokyo again to go to the Ghibli museum (the maker's of Totoro).  The museum itself was very whimsical, it almost reminded me of the Hogwarts building from Harry Potter.  There were some interactive anime displays and some history of anime, plus we got to see a special short movie in the small theatre.  No pictures were allowed inside the museum, so I don't have much to show you.



Outside on their deck we got soft-serve and hotdogs for lunch.


Then we took some photos outside before heading out.




1 comment:

Carrie said...

I am always amazed with what they can do with legos!