Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Tristan is two!

For Tristan's actual birthday, I made homemade mac'n'cheese and chocolate pudding for dessert.



We gave him some candles in his pudding as practice for his party (but he never quite got it).


Shortly after he turned two, we switched him to his toddler bed.  He does very well at bedtime but lately he's been waking up in the middle of night (after being sick for about a week).  Some nights I can rock him for a bit and put him back to bed, and others I have to just throw him in the pack'n'play  (which I had to get out one night after spending hours to get him to go back to bed).
He also loves reading now and his new little chair is great for him to sit and look at books.
His favorite food is probably spaghetti.  But he also loves bananas, chicken, mac'n'cheese, fries and broccolli!

If there is one thing that defines Tristan right now it's Thomas. He LOVES Thomas and all trains.  Besides playing with trains he also loves his Thomas books, videos, and clothes too!

What else can I say about our little two year old?  And he is little - only 30% for height, and 18% for weight (although he lost some while being sick).  He's crazy and makes me laugh everyday.  He seems to understand most everything you say but still is quite silent in the speaking department.  He does have words for things but it's really hard to understand still.  If you ask him if he wants something he usually just squeals "eee!" instead of saying yes.  NO, MINE, OUCH, and MAMA are his main words. He seems to have a knack for knowing where things belong.  When he helps me unload the dishwasher he actually points to where I should put it!  He still takes a small bottle of milk at bedtime but we are in the process of stopping that (just yesterday he didn't!). 

And with two comes temper-tantrums (even worse than before)

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Hey it's like dinner at our house. I need to take a video like that, too funny. Love the pic of him eating spaghetti! Reminds me of the one of Charlie!

Chad said...

The first photo is great. I love the flash face.