So my computer is running out of disk space and I decided put some old photos onto cd's and I came across these. These are from August 2003 and I just thought they were too good to pass up putting them on the blog. Here's a little background to this particular trip to San Diego: Chad had originally planned a climbing trip with his friend Rob, so Laura (Chad's sister) and I planned a trip to San Diego. We were in San Diego a day when lo-and-behold Chad and his friend Marcus show up on our doorstep. (This was one of two times in our marriage Chad has truly surprised me - he was very sneaky asking me on the phone about where our vacation rental was). Apparently, his friend Rob had come down with meningitis and so Chad went upstairs in our apartment complex to where Marcus lived and asked if he wanted to drive to San Diego. Marcus said "sure" and they left that night, drove straight thru, and made it in 19 hours. Anyways, here are some highlights from the trip (we didn't have a digital camera yet, so these are all from Marcus):
Chad and Marcus rented longboards for the week and we all used them. Here's Chad:

Me taking pics with our old pentax...

La Jolla cove:

Okay, Laura, what are you doing here?

Very long...boards:

What posers!

This is monumental: Chad discovers the swivel LCD screen and we are hooked (still are). Pat - this is the secret to our great self-portraits!

Chad realizes that he could smile...and look at the lens instead of screen (or maybe halfway)...

Another great sunset at Mission Beach:

Laura climbing out of the window. Now I know the place was infested with ants, but was this really necessary?

This is what we did almost every night - play spades. We all had nicknames, does everyone remember theirs? I know mine was "the mean one" (no one wanted to be my partner). I think one of the guys was the smelly one - can't remember.


Chad and Marcus drove home along US 101 to at least San Fran. Here is some of the great scenery they saw:

They couldn't resist this one:

And another self-portrait:
2 comments:
Ohh, that was such a good trip! I haven't seen those pictures in forever. :) Good memories! Oh and I used your "lesson in blogging" for this, by the way...
Ok if the place had been infested with ants I would have been out that window and on my way home in two seconds!
Post a Comment